Of all the equine health problems we encounter, horse lameness is among the most common.
Our equine vets are well experienced in lameness investigations and have a range of diagnostic equipment and treatment options to help tackle the problem.
What causes horse lameness?
Equine lameness is an abnormal gait or stance of a horse or pony that is the result of dysfunction of the locomotor system. We commonly see lameness in racehorses, sports horses, and pleasure horses. Equine lameness is often caused by pain, but can also be from neurologic or mechanical dysfunction.
With the use of nerve blocks, flexion tests, hoof testers and our fully ambulatory digital X-ray machine and M-turbo ultrasound, our equine vets can get to the root of the problem quickly and put together an appropriate treatment plan.
As well as equine lameness investigation, Pilgrims Vets in the New Forest can provide you with the below equine services:
- Equine Vettings to help you purchase the right horse or pony for you
- Rounds Visits to provide fundamental health care
- Routine & Advanced Dentistry from basic rasping to extractions
- Regular Equine Health Checks are important when keeping a horse or pony
- Equine Surgery for routine and more complex procedures
- We provide Emergency Equine Care for our clients