Your cat will be in excellent hands at Pilgrims Vets in the New Forest.
We understand that our feline friends have very different needs to dogs. Car journeys are not a regular part of their life and different sights, sounds, smells and handling can add up, making even a routine vet visit a stressful experience. At Pilgrims Veterinary Practice in the New Forest we endeavour to make our service as cat friendly as possible:
- Affordable home visits for routine checks
- 15 minute consultations allow us to spend time putting your cat as ease
- Separate cat ward for hospitalised patients
Our team understands how tricky a trip to the vets with cats can be. Here are our top tips on how to get your cat into a basket and other ways you can help:
- Get your cat accustomed to their carrier – keep it out as part of the furniture and regularly feed your cat inside.
- Use a top opening carrier for easy handling in and out. Cover the top with a blanket to help hide strange sight, sounds and smells.
- Handle the carrier gently, secure it well within your car and drive carefully.
- Use a pheromone spray or keep a piece of clothing which smells familiar inside the carrier.
- Let us know you are here, and then wait in your car until your appointment time, or move to a corner of the waiting room with your cat carrier off the floor, away from our canine visitors.
7 reasons to bring your cat to Pilgrims Vets
- Important annual feline vaccinations and a health check with the vet
- Parasite control for cats is vital to keep fleas, worms & ticks away
- Talk to our team about a Wellness Plan for your cat
- Want to take your cat abroad? They will need a Pet Passport
- We provide cat blood pressure and kidney monitoring for senior cats to help with early detection of any problems or diseases.
- For free advice on many aspects of Cat Care, including Weight & Diet, Dental Care and Feline Diabetes, book your cat into one of our Nurse Clinics.